Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another "Christy" Crazy Day

I only post this so that others might get a great laugh, yes at my expense, but funny none the less, and we all don't smile enough in our lives, so if I can be that entertainment then, may it be! =)

This morning started as I had a long list of things to get done. I got a load of laundry in before leaving for an eye doctor appointment at 8:30am. I realized as I drove off from the house that I did not have my cell phone. I decided I didn't want to risk being late for a doctor's appointment because I know how hard that is when you are the medical provider waiting for your patient or "being nice" when they do show up late. So no big deal, cell phones aren't essential, I've lived 20 years without one, it should be fine. Off to the appointment I went. After the eye exam, I picked up my bridesmaid dress from the dry cleaners, and then I had to drop the Toyota off at the dealer to turn off the "maintenance required light" and check a rattle that we've been hearing. They said it might be a few hours, so if I could leave it there that would be great, and even better they have a free shuttle to take me to my house. Perfect! I glanced in my purse to make sure I had the extra key chain with the house key on it, it was there! So I got my dress and left with the driver. We dropped another lady off and to my apartment we went. I got out of the van, got my key chain out and saw only my mail box key on the chain. Then I remembered that I had gone running just yesterday and took the house key off the chain and put in my running pants. Usually, I am very good about putting it back, but well this time I didn't. So here I was outside my apartment with no key and no cell phone. God had even given me a second chance because as I was having trouble getting the key out, the driver stopped and said, "Do you need help?" But me being stubborn and thinking I probably had the key somewhere in my purse, smiled and said, "Nope, I'm fine." So I tried to see if I could break in to my apartment, but to no avail. So now, here I am locked out of my apartment, no cell phone. Instead of thinking "what a horrible day" I thought..."here's another funny story I can tell." =)

So I sat in the sun for a few minutes, tried to see if any other window was cracked (no such luck). No one else looked like they were home in the apartments, and I had already knocked on one with no one home. So I thought, I'll just try the one upstairs. So I knocked and a lady answered in her bathrobe. Yeah! I thought, "Thank you Lord!" I told her my dilemma and she looked at me and said, "Sorry, I don't have a land line and my cell phone doesn't have very many minutes on it." Sad day. I thought to myself if someone ever comes to my door (even like now that I know I'm out of cell phone minutes for 2 more days) I'd let that poor crazy girl use my phone. Oh well.

So here I am in hi-heels (don't know why I choose those this morning) with my green bridesmaid dress in a plastic bag stuck outside my apartment. I could wait 5-7 hours till Tobin gets home, but that was a LONG time. Then I thought, there is a doctors' office just down to road on our corner. So I walked there, with my dress (I didn't want it stolen after I've paid so much for it). I walked in and THANKFULLY the receptionist pitied me.

I called the shuttle man, and asked if he could bring my garage door opener from my car and I then could get in. He got a good chuckle and said, "No problem." So I got the mail (the only key in my purse), and read my Nurse Practitioner Magazine in the sun while I waited for my garage door opener. The man came--my savior; and I successfully got into my house!

What an ordeal. Hope you got a good laugh. =)

Until the next saga...

4 comments:

  1. Seriously Christy, you rock! :) I think I would have sat on the steps and cried and thrown a pity party for myself before I thought to walk down the street and ask the guy to bring the garage door opener. So you have my respect! :) I think I'd do that show The Amazing Race with you...you'd win for sure! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this story WAS totally a belly laugh for me too! That was cool-headed thinking! Love you bunches, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - at least the sun was shining and you had a good magazine to read! Thanks for entertaining us with your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one crazy girl! I am glad it all worked out. I think it would have been even funnier if you had been wearing your bridesmaid dress! All of life experiences create who we are today and for a more cultured person! You rock!

    ReplyDelete