Saturday, April 26, 2008

10.5 mile ride vs $4.00/gallon

Well, I've chose the former.

I cannot give myself all the credit to decide I could ride to work. I was thinking it was too far, but when I learned that one of the nurses that works at La Clinica who probably is close or over 60 years old (she told me she has a grandchild that is 23-so I just surmised that's roughly how old she is) - she rides from Jacksonville, probably a good 6-8mile ride. So I was inspired and now have completed my first week at riding to work. It takes about 50-60min each way. So I get up leave around 6:45am, get there around 7:45, wash off (haven't used the shower yet, we have one, but just good deodorant- hey, I'm probably cleaner than many of the patients I see!). Then I get ready at work. See I drove to work on Monday, took all my changes of clothes and cosmetic items there. Then I just have to bring my lunch in my back pack with my bike lock and water. It's working great so far!

So for those that are getting tired of the gas prices...there is an alternative!

Another thought I heard about today is one of the employees at La Clinica bought a MoPed (sp?). Now that doesn't get the heart rate up, but it is better on the wallet (after you purchase it of course). Anyways, from one inspired person to another...You could do it too! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment