Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Illusive Green Dress...

My sister-in-law is getting married, YEAH! And she's asked me to be in the wedding. Well, the stipulation on the bridesmaid dresses is simple...."any green dress that is not hunter or forest green." So being me and loving the color green I was stoked I could pick it out! But it's harder than you first might imagine. Today, I thought I would exhaust all the department and bridal stores and see what I came up with. And I found 1) A very rude and inconsiderate staff at one store 2) A creepy old man and just me ALONE in a very SMALL store (I didn't stay long) 3) this nice, sincere lady who was much too opinionated for me. 4) Department stores don't have the dress I want in my size....it's not made! I guess you can say I haven't had the best luck. So I thought I might open it up to my "faithful blog readers" (I don't think I have that many), but if any of you see a cute grass, bright green dress preferably in size 2, let me know!
I do have one possibility (pictured on the Left); let me know what you think. I have to go up to Salem this weekend to try it on in a different color and then order if I like it. So keep your fingers crossed that it's a winner because I'm running out of time (the wedding is in May) But this is definitely the type of color I'm looking for....so if anyone has suggestions please don't hesitate.
Oh and I'm feeling much better by the way. Still coughing up a little nasty yellow/white stuff occasionally, but overall much, much improved. Although, I tried to go running today, and let's just say it was a run/walk for 30 minutes and it almost killed me. Hopefully, I can build my strength back up, but it's just depressing when I was running 80 minutes no problem just 2 weeks ago!

3 comments:

  1. Hi friend. Well, I think you look beautiful in everything so I'm sure this dress will be the same! Yay for green too! :) I don't have any other suggestions but I do think the dress you posted is beautiful & I hope it fits! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, though a "faithful blog reader" of yours I unfortunately don't have any dress suggestions - as we all know I'm a Tshirt and jeans kinda gal and as of late just scrubs, which happen to be green! does that count?!? heheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that dress is perfect! I actually just bought a dress similar in color for Convo, but it's a size four and I think it comes a little below my knee... If you don't find anything, you can try it on and see what you think.

    -Becky

    ReplyDelete