Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Steam" Alarm

So for anyone who cares, I was taking a very nice shower this afternoon after I had gone on a wonderful bike ride in the sunny crisp air, when suddenly my smoke alarm starts going off. Now to get somewhat of an idea, I had just soaped up my entire leg to start shaving when the alarm starts going off! Apparently, since the alarm is just outside our bathroom door, if you forget to turn on the fan, the alarm "thinks" that steam is "smoke." Last time I checked those two things are very different. Anyways, as to not bother all the neighbors and have the fire department come while I'm in the shower, I jumped out of the shower (all soaped up remind you) and had to run to wave something in front of the crazy alarm for it to stop. In the process our entire bathroom got shaving gel and water all over it (just after I had cleaned it this morning). Anyways, it was quite the ordeal, but I'm okay now. Just wanted to share this funny moment.

2 comments:

  1. that is a hilarious story!! I had a good laugh... thanks for sharing! (you can't make stuff like this up) PS miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I wasn't the only one that thought this, but just wondered why (hee, hee) you didn't post pictures along with this blog?

    ReplyDelete