Wednesday, January 2, 2008

December, Christmas and New Years!

We arrived in Medford, to turn around and almost immediately go up to Sunriver, where the Miller, Rummel, and DeBacker family surprised my Dad to celebrate his 60th Birthday. It was a lot of fun and a great weekend!


Cute nieces and nephew. =)... Zoey is there, just not in this photo



You wouldn't imagine what we did to get a smile. But it made us all laugh! Tobin was actually the best to make all the funny faces to get the kids laugh. =)




We came home, unpacked, and then left Christmas Eve's Eve to see the Miller and DeBackers in Salem, and then left for Trout Lake. There we spent an entire week. Relaxing, playing games, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, playing basketball, and more snowmobiling, playing in the snow, snowmobiling, and did I mention snowmobiling?! Maryanne and AJ even came up for some fun!

That's me in a hole that Tobin found...the snow was deep!




Maryanne and AJ having some snow fun too!

We left on a BEAUTIFUL Trout Lake day, the sun was so bright it was hard to keep your eyes open for the photo!

Throughout the week, I managed to suffer a few minor injuries: Snapping goggles on my eye, getting elbowed in the nose during basketball, and slamming my forehead into the corner of a door because the power was out. Subsequently, I have a few purplish areas on my face. Darrol was feeling sorry for me, so he decided to try to be a beaver, run the snowmobile into the tree and knock out an upper front tooth. He's doing ok, suffered some definite sore and tight muscles, but we are all thankful he didn't get hurt any worse! The time was very relaxing though, we spent some good time with family friends who are back from Sri Lanka. Tobin and I both one at separate times the Settler's game. It was a pretty close match with everyone both times!



We left Trout Lake on New Year's Eve, and decided to make it another travelling adventure and drive through Bend. We had a few stops to make, had a nice dinner with my parents, and rang in the new year by unpacking our car in Medford...since we arrived at 11:55pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment