Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pigeon Feeder

We finally purchased bird seed for our wild bird feeder, that we had received as a wedding present from our great professor Dwight Kimerberly and had never used! I've seen some cute birds out there, nothing too exotic, but nice- house finches, scrub jays, and other LBBs (little brown birds). Well, I was standing at the kitchen sink, looked out at the bird feeder and saw this:



The little scavengers! They bullied all the little birds away. I quickly stepped out my front door to hear the deep sounds of their wings take off in flight. The flew only to the nearest

telephone pole line, where they greedily looked back wanting more and just waiting for a chance when I wasn't looking. Since then I've seen them back a couple times, but I think they may be starting to become intimidated by some crazy redhead. I really think we need to hang it up somewhere instead so this big birds can't easily get at the food. Tobin may be a bird lover, but this is a bit much!

No comments:

Post a Comment