Sunday, March 15, 2009

In So Cal, You do as the Californians....SURF!

Yes, surfing. Tobin and his coworker (Brian) had Friday off. So off to Huntington Beach, Bolsa Chica Beach, we went. Brian supplied us with all the equipment! Boards and wet suits (otherwise I would have froze and not even wanted to go in the water). Even though it's Southern California, it's still the same cold Pacific Ocean! I seem to always get rocked by the waves, instead of me rocking the waved...if you know what I mean! The day was full of trying to catch waves, watching dolphins just off shore glide gracefully through the waves, and me enjoying some rays on the beach (my little white body probably emits enough reflection to light all of LA).

Brian surfin the waves...it looks easy, believe me it's tough!
Here I am on the last wave I took...and...


...I got up! I think this is honestly the first legitimate time I've surfed on a board...standing up!
Made me want to keep trying!

We documented it...even if it was blurry!


This one is quite far away, but Tobin is on the left and does get up...he had many more times he surfed the wave, I just didn't catch it on photo or video.


No comments:

Post a Comment