Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ring in 2011 with Family!

About 3 years ago, I was making a similar post about our weekend in Trout Lake. But that was with 3 less nieces and nephews! Basically, the Millers INVADED the Rummel Lodge to enjoy some white stuff! I love it! Now that we've done it twice...it's a new tradition!!!

Tobin & I even experienced an entire night with a preview to parenthood. We stopped by sister's house in Salem, and took their son Porter with us up to Trout Lake. Porter was such a trooper for us. He knew his parents weren't there, but he didn't cry, he kept on his regular schedule, and slept through the night! I'd like to take credit, but I know I owe it to his great parents and Porter's easy-going personality.

Anyways, we had lots of fun over the weekend. I took some photos. Ironically, almost entirely of the kiddos. We laughed together, got all bundled up, went outside and played in the snow (using various forms of cross country skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, and snowmobiling), ate together, laughed together some more, and repeated!

Cousin love.


My VERY pregnant sister admiring the feat. These were some of Tobin's old toys. This was quite a fun thing for the kids to try and stack/balance.


Bundle up it's 10 degrees outside!



Packed and ready to go. A kid's got to go prepared!



Tobin started hauling Kate in the sled. But when she saw Mommy she kept crying until Mom climbed into the sled with her. So Tobin towed them both! He was like an amazing Alaskan Husky Mushing.


Zoey was our little trooper. She kept going, despite her tiny little strides. My kind of girl!


Grace and Benjamin on the hard snow in 8 degree weather!


Gracie's turn hauling Zoey and Porter!


I kept thinking of the song, "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna get me down."


I wish I captured Zoey's face when Grace had nearly pulled her up the sledding hill and let go of the rope. Zoey almost when down backwards. It was a classic "fear of death." Kind of look. But then she laughed, as if to say, "I loved that feeling...do it again!" Dare devil!



I think this was Porter's first taste of snow. He loved it!

Next year it will be all 4 of them going down together!

Ready to go for a ride!

I wish I had some of the photos my brother took of the kids driving the snowmobiles, etc. So much fun. I love getting to do fun, new things with the kids. We even laid on the living room floor one night and did the "Ho, Ho, Ho" game. It's where you lay your head on each others stomachs and try to say Ho, Ho in a sequence and do it without laughing. Your head bobs up and down and it's nearly impossible not to laugh. Makes you feel alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment