Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving 08

What a blessed and relaxing weekend Tobin and I had in Bend.
Thanksgiving Day was hosted by my mom's brother and wife (my Uncle Dan and Aunt Kathleen). Food was delicious and provided for some fun time to be together. This year, my brother suggested we really remember the meaning of thankful and make a special time to spend as a family in thanks. That was my favorite part. We handed out note cards with a question about being thankful (in various ways) and then everyone shared. It was encouraging, and reminded me how faithful and loving our Lord Jesus Christ is! We had some good laughs and had fun playing Apples to Apples. And my Dad and Tobin tried taking on AJ at pool...I don't know who won, but AJ is a mad pool player!


My Mom, Aunt Kathleen, and Ruth

Trying to "jump" off the Turkey! Making room for the pie, of course!

Some of the boys, Tobin, AJ, my cousins Stephen and Nick

Even Maryanne enjoyed in on the fun, I think the little guy inside her was jumping too!

My cousins, Melissa and Kim so good with the clean up! A lot of dishes!!


Grandpa and Ms. Zoey.


Friday, Tobin showed his loyalty to the Miller family, and got up with me at 4:30am to be standing out of Best Buy by 4:45am. We really didn't get much, did get a good deal on a nice keyboard and mouse, but I really just enjoy seeing the craziness...and trying to spreading Christmas Cheer to those that are so desperate to get their item! I got some socks at Fred Meyer too, which is always a necessity! ;)
We came home and I took a power nap, while Tobin and AJ played on the Wii. Later Andy had just bought Mario Kart, and I found out how much fun that is on the Wii! I don't think I've played that since I was in 3rd grade and my friend had the original Nintendo (ancient history now).

Then our family went on an outing and climbed up Pilot Butte, a small "mountain" in the middle of Bend. The kids had fun and had no problem getting up and down the hill, it was all the adults that were breathing hard!

Don't worry the road to drive up was closed...
Dad and Gracie racing up! (see in the background that's Tobin and Zoey in front)
I think Grace won. =)
Zoey is the most curious of the three of them! She seems fearless too!


She loved Mocha and wanted to try and "walk" her with the leash too,
Mocha tolerated it so well!







Big Bro and Lil Sis





I think I realized how thankful I am for my family; excited for the new baby coming, and for Maryanne to start feeling better (pregnancy has been a bit rough for her). Thankful for good health, and God's blessings. We really never know the amount of time God has given us to live on this earth. Our family has grown and is growing, but we all love each other, love the Lord, and enjoying spending time together. Even when your brother-in-law and brother stomp the family in a card game, or the only bathroom in the house is "Out of Order!" Or Maryanne and I try to solve and impossible Soduko, and find out something went wrong, right as we think we're going to solve it! Good times!!

1 comment:

  1. dood, your hair is really long.. mine was just about that long as well, but I got tired off it!! I chopped off 5+ inches and it still is at my scapula. hehehe.. toooooo much hair! VERY HEAVY !!

    ReplyDelete