Monday, December 29, 2008

Snowmobiling!



Well, every year it's Rummel tradition to go snowmobiling on Christmas Day. Unfortunately, this year due to mechanical difficulty and weather conditions our Christmas Day ride was 1 day late, and a bit modified.

After Tobin and Darrol worked to get at least 3 machines running...we left for a quick trail/road ride. About 5 minutes out, Tobin noticed his machine was somewhat sluggish as if the brake was on, and the brake light sure enough was constantly on. So instead of giving up, I rode double with Tobin, and Darrol took the old machine (that can't break trail). So Tobin broke trail as I precariously hung onto the back of Tobin and/or the machine....quite interesting when you have snow flying at your face while staring straight at a butt! I even fell off the back of the machine, and Tobin didn't even notice right away, so I had to huff it, in some DEEP snow, and eventually my knight in shining armour came and gave me a lift! It was beautiful snow, lots of work to break trail with two people on a machine, but lots of fun! There were times we were riding and the snow was so deep my knees were brushing against the snow, while sitting on the machine!
Unfortunately, this seemed to be most of our experience with snowmobiles this year.

Tobin tired out from breaking trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment