Wednesday, July 30, 2008

17 Miles

This is how long I ran/walked today. The miles are getting longer as I train for this marathon in Portland. There are times I enjoy the long runs and others I get through them. Today was a mixed bag. I think I waited a little too late in the morning, then it was really hot outside. I enjoyed my new iphone though that had itunes. I had the headphones in a when a call came it I could answer, end the call, and go back to my music. Thanks to my good friend Corrine, I got quite the break and got to walk a ways (I don't think I was going to make it anyways, so it created a great excuse). Anyways, technology is pretty amazing now, how I can enjoy a run, talk with a friend, and listen to good music. I always enjoy the part of my runs where my mind is allowed to just rest, or it can sort out problems, or spend time in prayer. But now I'm pretty tuckered out and have to finish my errands and chores today....oh well, back to reality. =)

I also have a pet peeve since most of my runs are on back country roads. If you see a runner/walker on the side of the road, and there is no one coming the other direction, we (meaning us runners and walkers) really do appreciate it when you give us a bit of extra room! I understand when there are cars coming the other direction, at those times slowing down just a few mph is nice as well. But when there is no one, it's OK to go into the other lane and kind of bend wide around the runner. I hate it when a car whizzes by me and they could have easily given me a bit more room. Sometimes I've almost felt like I'm almost blown off the road into the ditch! Believe me I'm trying to get out of the way as much as possible too. Anyways, I post this in hopes to make the experience that much better for all my running buddies!

1 comment:

  1. good job on the 17 miles! I amm sooooo jealous!! heheheh.. I'm back starting from scratch, basically just getting back into the running after finally listening to my foot and so stopped running since early June, kicking my butt right now! but keep those legs moving!!

    ReplyDelete