Saturday, September 22, 2007

Rain in LA???

"Rain, rain, come today...stay and wash our smog away!!!"


So I can now FINALLY, after 1 1/2 years of living in So. Cal., say that I LOVED getting REAL rain today. Yes, there has been some form of slight precipitation or "mist" come out of the air, since living here. However, it definitely could not have been classified as rain. Unfortunately, people down here don't know how to deal or react to such "stormy weather." Tobin, my roommates, and a couple other friends decided to enjoy the elements and go to the REI buy-back sale! Which if some of you don't know what that is are definitely missing out on great deals of a lifetime on outdoor gear! Anyways, the "rain" was so startling that one REI cancelled their sale! Oregon or Washington could never do that, or they would never have a sale!
Here's some photos of the storm:

So the rain deterred some people from the amazing sale at REI, but definitely not the crazy Oregonians. It was even nice to break open the rain jacket and actually use it! I bet I may not be singing the same song once we move to Medford and I'll be reminded what cool, wet, windy, snowy elements actually are, and I'll be thankful for the beautiful sunshine. But honestly, I love all the different weather elements, it just reminds us more of God's beauty...here's some that was apparently in Ventura after the storm! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment