Thursday, September 17, 2009

Strandy's Visit!

Our very good friends the Strandys came to visit. It was a nearly impromtu visit, and it was God's timing that both Tobin and I were off and no other commitments! Zach took a continuing education class on Friday and Saturday. So Saturday Corrine, Abbie, Tobin, and I had a beach day. Then Sunday we had a relaxing morning then drove out to Santa Monica where we spent the day. It was SOOO great to see them!!


We walked around our old stomping grounds (Bellmont shore in Long Beach)
We HAD to stop at the local bakery and get a good cinnamon roll.
Abbie enjoyed it!

Then we took them to Huntington Beach!

Tobin and Abbie had a lot of fun playing in the little waves.
I think while Corrine was taking this photo, I was out in the waves getting beat up with the boogie board. I had one good wave, and then tried going out a bit farther. The waves were HUGE (to me at least) and I caught one, but then it overtook me, and I found myself under the water, upside down, for several seconds! Then by the time I got out, be-bedraggled by the wave, several more big ones were coming in. Let's just say I wanted to get back to shore, quickly! It's amazing how close you seem to the shore, but the strength on the undercurrent and wave, can make it seem far. Let's just say I had enough boogie boarding for one day!

Hollywood rock star! On the Beach!

In the morning we enjoyed a little relaxing time with Mickey's Adventure Clubhouse (I think that's what it's called), and then we had eggs and blueberry pancakes! Yumm!

Then we went to Santa Monica!

And Rode Bikes!!!






Tobin and I make a great Tandem Team!

This was my view. ;)

Strandy's on the tandem. I didn't get a photo with Corrine and I on the tandem, but that was interesting. I think all the runners, rollerbladers, and other bikers feared for their lives as we were riding down the path. Let's just say we ended the day by not killing anyone. A success in my book!


Rummels and Strandys

Then we went to the Promenade and enjoyed walking around the shops.
And of course enjoyed Gelato! It was yummy!

Taking Abbie Shopping...training her early. =)



This is Santa Montica Pier.

Then Zach and Corrine took Abbie on the Carousel Ride.

We caught Corrine in a "thrilled moment."

Actually it was Zach that was remembering back to childhood!
Great expression!
Anyways, very great weekend. We couldn't have another visit soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment