Friday, September 4, 2009

Eagle Eyes!


Well, Tobin had LASIX surgery done about 4 years ago, and I had been thinking on and off about doing it myself. And I decided to go through with it! We found a good recommended ophthalmology surgeon, and I scheduled it soon after my screening exam because of my crazy work schedule! So August 28th was the day! I'm glad to say that thus far the results have been pretty amazing. I'm still a little in the recovery face, so I've noticed a bit that occasionally my vision will get a little better or worse, but they say that's normal in the first couple weeks. So pray for continual healing and good vision!!! Pretty amazing what they can do these days. My surgery was at UCLA Eye center, so instead of driving all the way home on Friday we stayed in a hotel at Marina del Rey. That way we didn't have to fight Friday night traffic (which would have taken 2+ hours) to only come back for a 1 day follow up post surgery. It was nice to have a place to stay and in the morning we ate yummy bagels for breakfast (I had coffee too!) and we walked out on Venice Pier.

This was the unfortunate site on the way to UCLA. The fires in So Cal have been pretty bad this year. This is a huge fire that is still not yet contained. These photos are I think the second day after it began. Be praying that it is put out soon or thousands of homes could burn down!
That's downtown LA in the foreground. We don't drive this way very often, and seeing such a huge plume of smoke is definitely an odd site.

Last Photo with 4 eyes! Not that I hate glasses, it's just nice to be able to see without them, wear sunglasses, wake up and be able to see, see the inside of my shower (I don't know if this is a blessing because I'll have to clean it more frequently now!)
Right before surgery. Tobin took this wonderful photo of me in my get up!
Not the procedure room...they didn't want cameras or phones in the room as to not mess up the lasers. For due reason, these are my eyes they are shooting the lasers at!!
Not my surgeon, but one of the assistants getting me ready.

No photos right after because of the sensitivity to light, the fact that you need to keep your eyes closed for healing, and I wasn't thinking about photos at the time! But it went well. Tobin was a good doctor with great bedside manner bringing me what I need, leading me, bringing me Jamba Juice, and comforting me! He's going to be a great Doctor!

1 comment:

  1. Glad it went so well, Christy. Thumbs up for Tobin's compassionate care!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete