Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tobin's Birthday on Mother's Day


Tobin celebrated his 28th birthday on the 10th. He was a Mother's Day baby and weighed 10lbs...so it was appropriate he was born on the 10th!

We celebrated by just spending time together. I had to work in the morning, but I returned home and found these..

.
...WAIT, it's Mother's Day and I'm definitely not a Mother (that is a definite truth so don't get any ideas) and it's Tobin's birthday...I'm not the one who should be receiving the flowers! But it made me smile huge and love my wonderful husband even more. He is amazing and I hope the Lord blesses us with many more birthdays together!

This was even after I made these for Tobin's birthday...


No! They are not suppose to look that way! The yeast was dead! The rolls didn't ever rise...so instead of nice plump cinnamon rolls we got chewy hockey pucks (very dense)! My gracious husband says, "They'll still taste good." I guess with all that butter and sugar you really can't go COMPLETELY wrong. Anyways, my thought on a perfect yummy gift didn't quite turn out the way I had imagined. Oh well, we got some good laughs and a few tears out of the process. =)

He's the birthday man opening up a few gifts...in his new birthday gift from his parents
(a nice smart wool polo)


Happy Birthday!!!
And yes, I even sang him Happy Birthday solo!



2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that he loved your solo!!!! That's hilarious about the cinnamon rolls--that's happened to me too. Don't be sad... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your candid blogs, Christy--I check almost every evening (or at 2-3 times a week to see "what's new!" Glad it was all well that ended well!! Happy Birthday--and many more to both of you!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete