Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Letter 2013 - Spoiler if you haven't gotten your mail yet. ;)



I was able to get outside for a hike/jog yesterday.  While I was outside, on a trail, amongst greenery, leaves, trees, fog, patches of snow, along a streambed, I was so struck with thanksgiving of where we currently are living.  I realized I shouldn't take for granted that just five minutes from my house are beautiful forest trails that make me feel like I'm in the wilderness.  I often am among those that complain about the weather, the dreary grey and rain, but when I take just a moment, I realize what blessings we have.  If you take anything from this letter, is that our family has been really learning what it means to be thankful, and specifically thankful to the One who created us, designed us, and directs us - each an every day - Jesus Christ.  He is who we are celebrating this Christmas, and He is the reason we have this year to look back and be thankful for.  If you want, you could stop reading there, because that's the most important part, and what I love to share with anyone wanting to know how God has changed our lives.



He has blessed us with parenthood this last year.  We have been learning the beauty, challenges, fatigue, and joy that all comes with this new journey.  I'm learning even more about God's love and how He loves us, as I so naturally want to love and care for my daughter, Esther.  We can't wait to celebrate her first birthday on Christmas Eve!



Tobin graduated from Family Medicine Residency program in June, and has started amongst the general working force, after 12 years post-high school education!  This has also been an exciting time, and a time to trust in the Lord.  He has joined a private practice, where he is using the gifting God has given him – to use his hands for healing through osteopathic manipulation treatment.  Through this “job,” Tobin has been able to minister to so many lives.



I am working part time as a nurse practitioner, two days a week.  A patient asked me if I work somewhere else on the other days, I responded, “Yes, at home with my daughter.”  The job at home is often more challenging than my workdays, but I do love the smiles, laughs, and seeing the world through her eyes.  There have been many snotty days, sleepless nights, PJ days, and tears – but I wouldn’t trade any of it.  And looking back, I am in awe of how Faithful the Lord is, and what He has brought us through.

For now, God is keeping us in Corvallis.  We are always open to whatever He might bring, but thankful for a home, work, friends, a local body of believers that continually encourages us, ability to grow our own produce, and a beautiful area we can enjoy!

As each of us walks this journey of life, may we truly find purpose through our Creator.

In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the LORD.  Jeremiah 29:12-14a


No comments:

Post a Comment