Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Deck

This post might seem a bit random, but I wanted to put it up here to remind me that my deck was clean at one point. See we live in a mini jungle...NW rainforest jungle that is. A beautiful "old growth" forest surrounds our house. So we don't use a lawnmower, but instead we have a large deck to keep clean. I spent a good portion of this evening sweeping it, and I decided to give it the Supreme Treatment. So out the hose and nozzle came, and I sprayed the entire thing down, scraped off bird doo-doo and pitch. We haven't done that since we moved in, so it felt very satisfying. I took photos just after I finished because literally the wind will blow just a breeze and the deck will be full of pine needles and branches. Don't get me wrong, I love our yard, but honestly I'm thinking about getting the snazzy leaf/deck vacuum cleaner my neighbor has. It might be worth it's weight in gold.

Here it is!


Sadly, no one is here to enjoy it with me. So I probably chose the wrong time to do it. This is probably the compulsion to post about it. All you (one or two) readers can enjoy it with me. Now sit back, relax, and image yourself hearing the gentle breeze overhead in the trees on this night warm August evening.

Side note: My Dad also came over and spent 3 days working on our yard. He has before photos, and I have some after ones. So when I get those together, I'll post to show the amazing progress we've made!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know I read this just after you posted it:)LOOKS GREAT!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy! Your deck looks AMAZING! SO happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete