Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My exciting purchase!

Well, the other day, I had the joy to go shopping with a nice gift card to Nordstrom's. My sister informed me that I could use it at Nordstrom Rack..so me being the bargain hunter that I am; I did just that! Two of my purchases, I was stoked about because I got two pairs of designer jeans for about $20 each!!!! Since the jeans now are made to only fit women who are 6'6", they needed to be hemmed! So I braved the task myself, so that these jeans would truly be a great deal! So on my "day off" (I got called off from work on Monday), I hemmed both pairs! Here is the finished product, of which I'm very excited and proud about! I even saved the original hem and it was actually easier to do it that way than reado the hem (less pressing). If you want to see how I did it, I used this "tutorial." I personally think they look great...no more paying for tailoring for me!


2 comments:

  1. Nice jean! You found a steal of a deal and saved even more money by hemming them yourself! Way to go! You rock:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where did you take the foot and a half from? Or did Tobin stretch your legs? Or did you wash your new jeans in really hot water 200 times? You are very creative. I'm glad you got to enjoy shopping.

    ReplyDelete