Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Joshua Tree!




Yes, this is where we were about 3 1/2 years ago...where we got engaged! This past weekend, we got the chance to go with some friends of ours.



Kate and Kyle. Kate works with Tobin, and Kyle is Kate's husband. So the two couples ventured off for some adventure! And adventure we had! Some rock climbing, trying to make two new avid climbers, hiking, and playing hand-and-foot! Yes, another couple that loves to play (Kate's family has been playing hand-and-foot and canasta for a long time)! The warm days fluctuated into cold nights, but our sleeping bags kept us warm. I learned that I need to listen to Tobin and bring those extra long underwear and extra shell. I wanted to be tough, but realized I get cold so easily (you'd think I'd know this about myself, apparently Tobin knows it better!) =) Thankfully, Tobin had brought an extra wool sweater so I used that! Husbands are great!


Looking down on our campground




Kyle doing a great ascent




My contemplative husband and God's beautiful Creation!


A challenging climb for me...both physically and mentally





Hopping around on rocks was much of the weekend. Here's an action shot!



Boys must always get to the highest rock!

Cooking our yummy second dinner...Rice and Black Bean Burritos!



Our last hike to 49 Palm Oasis
Can you find Waldo? I mean me? And see the palm trees in the middle of the dessert?! Crazy huh?!!
Strange change to the tropics....



I love this man! Fun to be back where he proposed! I told him if he asked me again...
I'd definitely say, "YES!"

1 comment:

  1. Those are amazing rocks/boulders! Beautiful views (especially the ones I could click/enlarge to full screen!
    Love to you both, T&C! Mom Miller

    ReplyDelete